Friday, October 21, 2005

Surprises

Of all the days that I'd forget my cellphone, I can't believe it happened today! When I got home, I had a missed call and several messages. Turned out a friend was trying to contact me so we can meet before my shift. Oh I can't believe how stupid I was for leaving it behind. This was one of the rare moments when I could go and see her now that she is working for another company. :(

My mom was also trying to contact me. I asked her to go to the university I attended to get my diploma and transcript. They told her they didn't have a record of my diploma. That was really absurd because I already paid for it almost two years ago! Yep, I haven't gotten my diploma til now. I was always putting it off. See what happens when you procastrinate? My mom had to ask them to sign my clearance again. (It took her half a day to process all these).

Anyways, I was also really glad because one good thing came out of it. This was something I really did not expect because I thought this dream was forever lost! My mom (as a second thought) asked the registrar to compute my grades and it turned out my GPA was well over qualified for being a Cum Laude! Not to brag or anything but I'd always known I can make it because I did put a lot of effort in my studies. I was not able to apply for that before because I got really busy with work and I thought I was no longer qualified because of one subject that I almost failed! Oh gosh, if not for my mom's persistence, I wouldn't have known that I can still get it.

Too bad I was not able to go on stage during our graduation to get that certificate. But Im still SO HAPPY! Even if it's almost three years since I finished college, it still feels so good (Now, I can add that to my resume! Yipee!!)

Another thing that makes this day so exciting is that I now have a pro account on flickr (I discovered it while I was in the office. Im busy organizing my pic sets. :)) courtesy of my two beautiful santa titas! (ahem!) I really can't say thank you enough. Love you guys!


3Comments:

  • haha...yan tuloy nangaasar na teammates natin!

    thanks sa compliment! :)

    By Blogger Cris, at 9:01 PM  

  • ei babygurl,

    way to go, proud to have a pamangkin who's a cum laude! i'm pretty sure success will follow you all the days of your life under God's guidance and blessings.

    By Blogger cacofonix, at 11:35 AM  

  • thanks tita!

    By Blogger Cris, at 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home