Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Life Choices

Lately, talks about getting another job has been prevalent on our team. A few of us took examinations for this other established electronics/computer company. See, they are going to open up an in-house call center and are in dire need of technical support agents. We took a shot and applied since we are pretty much confident that we are experienced and certified. So that should give us an edge, right? Anyways, I've been waiting for the results and today I was awakened by the sound of my cellphone ringing. Dazed and still groggy from sleep, I muttered an annoyed hello. She asked if it was okay to do a short phone interview, so I say "yeah, sure". She first asked me to describe myself and my work. To be honest, I totally forgot the things I told her. My muffled brain is still stuck on the dream I was having. All I can remember is I have another interview scheduled on Friday and I need to go to their office this time.

When I got here in the office (im writing this courtesy of avail time), that's all the buzz again. They also called my other teammates and one was scheduled on Wednesday and the other two on Thursday. To be honest, Im kinda hesitant to go on with this. First is the pay is lower (BIG FACTOR) and the next one is it's going to be an entry level position. Working my butt off to get to level 3 is not really an easy thing. So it should be suicide if I go back to the beginning right? It's a good thing that I had mine scheduled later than they do, maybe I can get their feedback first then decide based on their results.

Oh man. I wish I could find a job that I truly love and be well compensated from it. That would really be fulfilling. My friends and I are planning to put up a business. Question is, what? Everything is still a plan till now.

Maybe I should just go out of the country?

or

play the lottery? (What the heck, I've got one in how-many-millions chance of winning! )

I wish I have a lot of money. Then, I could just travel the world and live a carefree life .

Dream on.

My teammate Kappai has this ode to our team - Cocomangas - Read on! .
I can't write it any better than her. She is just soo good with words.

----
OMG! I just realized that the rest of my entry has been deleted! C'mon, I just spent an hour writing this up..

Anyways to sum it all, I was just saying that I will so hate the day when our team will be disbanded. Client has decided to take out our account so we will be put up in another one. A Tax Software company this time. Two months of accounting training! Geeez..to think Math is my least favorite subject!! Aarrgh


7Comments:

  • welcome. sama ka na lang sa 'min..tara..lets go into it!

    By Blogger Cris, at 10:53 PM  

  • ei babygurl,

    always pray for His wisdom in life's decisions. i was wondering why you would wanna go for square one at a company that pays lower though? are there any merits that you think are worth going it for?

    you know better, and it's true, you're just the kind of gal that will excel in anything you set your mind to! :).

    start saving and come on over na lang here, you're more than qualified to apply sa embassy...:).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:59 PM  

  • visited your flickr photos - really really good! i like naruto's name by the way, i wouldn't have thought of any other name for him..he he he...cute ni jek in his won li'l world...:).

    great perspective on the bottled coins!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:18 AM  

  • thanks tita! im kinda thinking about going to canada too. should really start saving now. =)

    naruto by the way is a the name of a boy in a popular japanese anime. almost all kids and kids-at-heart i know, watches that! he he

    btw i just wanna say thank you to all of you guys for believing in me and my capabilities. =)

    By Blogger Cris, at 2:58 AM  

  • ei gurl,

    would be excited if you start going for the Canada app., why don't u request online for a package from the embassy site?

    http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/manila/menu-en.asp.

    we're here to assist...go for it gurl!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:00 AM  

  • oops, there goes my link...he he he...that's okey...:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:01 AM  

  • hahahaha...lagot!

    By Blogger Cris, at 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home