Monday, February 20, 2006

Free movie anyone?


Free movie anyone?, snapshots by ^Vanessa^.


Hey! Im back! Whew..it’s been a while since I last blogged. I can’t find the time then but definitely a lot has happened since I was gone from the blogging world. In case you are wondering, I still have my pictures in Flickr to keep you updated about what’s going on. He he he.

So what now? Yesterday I was out with James and Kim. Nothing better to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon so we met in Megamall then headed out to Shangri-la to go see the free movies at the Japanese Eiga- Sai Festival. The first movie was scheduled at 5pm and we had about an hour of free time so we went window-shopping, then headed out to Starbucks to pass the time away. I still have the free certificate for any coffee beverage that I got together with the Starbucks planner so I took advantage and ordered the biggest and most expensive frappe they have. When the lady called my drink..It was really funny!
She goes Venti-Caramel-Coffee-Jelly-Frappe-Light
with-extra-shot-of-espresso-and-caramel-syrup-for Vanessa
! I can’t really remember but it was something like that. My bill was a whooping 240 pesos for one cup of coffee! HaHa..Never would I pay for that! Good thing I got that certificate with me.

Anyways, There were only a few minutes left before the movie starts so we headed to the movie house with our venti frappes in hand only to be blocked by the guard who said we cannot bring any drinks not bought from the snack bar. Duh! That was a really stupid rule! So no choice but to gulp it all down..It was so funny..we all got brain-freeze!

The first movie we watched was really hilarious. The title was WaterBoys. It was about students of an all-boys high school who joined a synchronized swimming team. Even if we had to rely on subtitles, the movie was really enjoyable. I don’t know about Kim though as he has to sit beside a weird guy who farted all throughout the movie. Aside from the fact that the movie was so funny, I can’t help but laugh whenever I hear that weird guy’s laughter. It sounds like the one from Beavies and Butthead!

Then we had Japanese Dinner (what else?? hehe), looked at the pictures of Japan taken by Bahaghari and then watched another movie. The second movie was A Summer Page. It was also good. Both those movies are really inspirational and it’s for FREE!

The Japanese culture is really interesting. The youth really can express themselves through fashion and their music. Oh gosh, I want to go there and take pictures! That would be really fun.

Another thing, I saw the trailer of Memoirs of a Geisha. That one I really really want to see! When I read the book before, I enjoyed it so much. From the reviews I have read about the movie, they said it was really spectacular. Can’t wait for that!


2Comments:

  • uyyyy, looks like you're having fun...sarap naman ng coffee concoction mo! oo maganda ang japanese films, the few that i've watched, i thoroughly enjoyed them. very interesting ang culture nila and yep the sceneries are spectacular. if you want a bit of idea, go visit tita atinna's blog - attinna tokyokuni. google mo na lang.

    refreshing to see your new posts...:).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 AM  

  • hello tita..yeah sobra interested nga ko sa japanese culture. once in a while i do visit tita attina's blog..kaya lang lately talagang wala na ko time to blog :( hay..life! bawal magbrowse sa office and when pag nasa bahay naman antok na ko..:(

    By Blogger Cris, at 12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home