Monday, January 08, 2007

A day in a single's life

We called my grandpa overseas last night. It was his birthday. The first thing he asked me when I got the phone is “May boyfriend ka na?” And my automatic reply was “Hahahaha. Wala pa!” and then he said “Ok lang magkaboyfriend, malaki ka na naman”,It’s better to live life when you have someone beside you” Waaahh!! Ayaw maniwala…wala nga eh :’-(

Why do people don’t believe me when I say I don’t have anyone and has not had one ever??! People always think I’m kidding. It’s exactly the same reaction I get when people from the office ask me or when random people ask me about my status in life. Then their next question would be “WHY?” Why? Why ask me?? I don’t know! I guess nobody bothered to ask. Then comes their conclusion “Baka mataas standards mo?” Wenk! Huh? I guess it’s ok to have at least some standards but….as I’ve said, nobody bothered to ask so to whom will I put the standards on?

Then they’d say “Baka naman naiintimidate sa'yo?” Seriously, do I look intimidating? Anyway if they won't approach me because they feel that way, then good! I dont want to be stuck with someone who doesn't have guts.

"Talaga lang ha..wala ka pang boyfriend? Maganda ka naman, mabait..blah blah blah" then I'd say "Di kasi ako sexy eh! Joke lang no. Ok lang..dadating din yan!"

Yeah, so there. The usual question and answer portion about my "being single". I must admit it does get lonely at times. Specially when watching mushy movies and reading lovestories and when Christmas and Valentines Day comes. Days when you really want to have someone beside you to share your dreams, aspirations, and life.

Other than that though, being single has its perks too! I get to do my own thing without anyone bothering me. I get to travel, party, buy whatever I want, go with anyone I want, live life the way I want to without feeling guilty that I have to think of someone else beside me.

So, am I lonely because Im single? Definetely NOT! Yes, there's that void in my heart somewhere but I've got tons of friends, a wonderful family and a life that I really enjoy. Not having a boyfriend doesn't mean I have to stop enjoying life and not be happy. The right man will come along at the right time they say...

For now, I'll just be here doing my own thing and just enjoying life. ^_^


4Comments:

  • Hahahaha, pati ikaw nabiktima ha? And I say AMEN to all that you say!!! Been there, been there....and look at me still single and way older than you...happy? Errrrrrrrrrrr...yes but the "void" has gone deeper..hehehehe....

    Mama gets mad at me coz I'm still picky and reminds me that I'm no longer your age - but hey, don't wanna get married to the first guy that comes along just coz my age is over the hill. You want to have a "life" with someone, not just have someone in your life,which could mean you don't get a "life" sometimes, if you know what i mean:)....so the standards must go on, and leave the mindset "tweaking"/rest to God and destiny....

    Glad you're enjoying life as a single person, you don't have to be "double" to enjoy life...:). But do keep in mind Ecclesiastes 12 though...."Remember God while you are young...- that is the essence of life."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:04 AM  

  • Hahaha..true true! kulet ni papa nga eh...hmmm parang alam ko kung sino nagkukuwento! haha ^wink^!

    By Blogger Cris, at 2:14 AM  

  • eiiiiiiiii...guilty!!! *wink*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:19 AM  

  • vans i have a new link for my blog curlyque28.blogspot.com

    =)

    By Blogger Carla , at 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home