Thursday, June 22, 2006

New lens

I just bought a barely used Sigma 28-200mm 3.5 to 5.6 lens from a friend. I'm so excited because now, I'll be able to take more macro and telephoto shots which I absolutely love!
To fund this latest addition to my expensive (whew!) hobby I sold my own 24-70mm Sigma lens to another friend. I was having doubts about selling it but at the end I let go because those ranges will be covered anyway by the new lens. It's just going to be redundant if I still keep it and I need the money I'll get to purchase my new lens.

It's good timing though because on Saturday I'll be meeting up with fellow girls who are members of this photography forum that I am a member of. It's going to be soo exciting..we'll be shooting a girl model and one of the girls promised to bring a male model (who she said is a hunk! hehe) and our host is none other than the well-known advertising photographer Mr. John Chua! We'll be given a short seminar by Mr. Vic Sison who by the way is my mentor when Nat and I took a photography seminar in Fort Santiago.

I can't wait!! Then on Sunday, there's another photo opportunity, this time with all the members of the forum who signed up to go to Avalon Zoo and Wawa dam in Rizal. I haven't been there so I'm really looking forward to being there and shooting at all those great landscapes and animals.

Just two more nights... :)


3Comments:

  • ei ness, ang gaganda ng pictures, i'm super excited to roam around asia mall, sana malapit na God willing...:). grabe bilib din ako sa culinary choices sa Pinas, napakacreative talaga natin, mas marami pa ngang choices dyan kesa dito eh, medyo boring not unless you go to the ultra pricey/glitzy places. talaga nakita mo kami sa google earth? i mean yung streets namin? madownload nga yan. glad you were able to get a much powerful telephoto lens. will hone up your skills more, smart move selling your old one. glad you're super excited about your upcoming photo session with the hunky...*wink* pigil ang kilig ha? at intindihin lang ang paglilitrato...:)

    By Blogger cacofonix, at 12:51 PM  

  • ay oo tita, download mo yan. ang galing! sayang nga lang at dial up kami sa bahay kaya sobrang bagal. sige uwi ka na dito...lam mo ba sabi nila it will take 5 days para malibot ng buo ang sm mall of asia!

    By Blogger Cris, at 11:51 PM  

  • ang laki naman nyang asia mall! i tried to download kagabi mukang nagfail - try ko ulit.

    ang galeng mo naman daming seminars on photography, keep up the good work, one day magbubusiness tayo ng one-stop wedding shop - God willing...:). well, at least that's an option...:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home